So, today I was looking after my sisters pooch and we had big plans to go on a lovely long afternoon walk, but it decided to rain and snow AT THE SAME TIME this afternoon. Everyone is against me trying to get the exercise in obviously. So we stayed in and I made up this chocolate blob biscuits out of the ingredients I had in the cupboard. They are actually pretty tasty, especially with a coffee and very easy to prep and bake!
200g Brown Sugar
120ml Vegetable Oil
1tsp Vanilla Essence
150g Plain Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
3 tbsp Cocoa Powder
- Pre-heat your oven to 180°c and line baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Add the eggs, brown sugar, veg oil and vanilla essence to your mixing bowl and make sure they are thoroughly mixed.
- Add the baking powder and cocoa powder and mixed well.
- Add the plain flour and mix until all of the ingredients are combined into a sloppy dough.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 mins-1 hour if it seems to wet to handle easily.
- Spoon out a small amount of dough and roll between your palms then flatten slightly on a baking tray to form the biscuit shape.
- Leave plenty of space in between each biscuit on the tray so they do not join while they bake. These biscuits don’t spread too much in the oven.
- Bake in your pre-heated oven for 6 mins for a soft fluffy biscuits of 8-10 minutes if you prefer them crunchy.