Although I have been allowing myself the odd sugary treat I am constantly on the look out of healthy alternatives to naughty, sugary sweets. Banana Nicecream is very popular amongst vegetarians and vegans as a dessert option. It is simple and easy to make and I finally got round to trying it.
- 2 large bananas, sliced and frozen
- 1 cup unsweetened plain soymilk
- 2 tablespoons creamy almond butter or peanut butter1. Put bananas, soymilk and almond butter into a blender.
2. Purée, turning off the motor and stirring the mixture two or three times, until smooth and creamy.
3. Pour into two bowls and serve.
Very simple and easy to do, just remember to get your bananas in the freezer so you are ready whenever you’re in the mood!
To be honest I didn’t really like it, I think it’s probably because I am used to eating refined sugar. However, I will try it again adding different ingredients each time until I find a combination that I like!